Wednesday 7 October 2009

I miss analogue

Two images in this post.
Both were created using Analogue printing technology.



This image, The Card, is a color photocopy using an analogue copier that would find amazing colours in anything it touched. I loved the thing, and it was used to make lovely band flyers around Hobart by the savvy. There's a version of The Card below that's quite different - it's a manipulated via digital wizardry scan. This just came out like that - somewhat arcane to my mind.



This is Peril On The Sea.
It's a photocopy onto light blue card using brown ink. The poor assistant at the copy shop would have to pull out a huge ink roll and put in another and I would make ten cards for her trouble. I made very few of these and have but one left. It's precious in it's way as the technology is outmoded and gone, which I shall miss as I love the feel of these things. This lone print has survived much and has a few little creases; the back of it features the delicate filigree nibbles of silverfish as well.

The irony that I can share them readily due to digital technology doesn't escape me though.

the Peril print is For Sale, by the by.

No comments:

Post a Comment